Pagina's

Saturday 14 December 2013

REVIEW: YSL cream blush

One of those high end items I've always wanted was a YSL cream blush. They always looked so luxurious and perfect and ever since I was a little girl, the golden packaging seemed to promise me eternal happiness

In the meantime I've realized that nothing of the sorts is true, but it can give you the necessary high feeling every beauty addict experiences when shopping at make-up counters they usually avoid because of the high price range.

I finally got my hands on this beauty, in colour number 2, and have to admit that I like it, but don't plan to spend my money on this blush product again. Read on to find out why!

























Packaging: What can we say about this? It is gorgeous. It looks great on your vanity or dressing table. It attracts attention and makes you believe you are a princess.

Quality: It applies nicely on the cheeks, is easy to blend out and stays on a lot longer than most cream blushes I've tried. No complaints here whatsoever. 

Price: $38 - €36 The priciest blush I've ever purchased!

Conclusion: Then why wouldn't I repurchase this? For some reason, I don't seem to use this as much as I should, considering the price point of this product. The natural English rose blush look from Keira Knightley as Elisabeth in Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice is perfectly achieved with this blush. However, it takes more time than using my beloved powder blushes, and the effect is just so-so. I am not as much in love with it as it has already been the case with previous blushes. Sorry YSL, but I'm a little disappointed! However, it is still a nice product.

Have you used this product before? Do you prefer cream or powder blushes?

Xoxo,
Anine

No comments:

Post a Comment