Pagina's

Wednesday 1 October 2014

SKINCARE: Emma Hardie cleansing balm

Today I'm here with a review of the Emma Hardie cleansing balm. First things first, what the fudge is a cleansing balm? It is a product with a balm consistency that is used to cleanse off makeup. The Emma Hardie once is especially famous because of its luxurious scent and feel. Let's hop into the review!






USE: 
First, I use a miccelair water to remove most of the makeup from my face. This cleansing balm is perfect to remove any residue of makeup left on your skin, however deep it has settled. Wet your face first, then take a small amount of the balm and melt it in between your fingers. The warmth of your fingers will activate the ingredients of the balm. Rub it on your face gently in circular motions. Massage it in further until you feel that most of your makeup has rubbed off. 

Emma Hardie herself prefers taking off the cleansing balm with a muslin cloth (which is a soft kind of flannel), and so I purchased these as well to test this balm the way it is supposed to be originally used.

Wet the muslin cloth, opt for the soft or harsher side if you need some exfoliatin' action! Then gently wipe off the cleansing balm.





RESULT
After using the Emma Hardie cleansing balm, my skin feels unbelievably soft and squeaky clean without having that tight feeling. The result definitely feels completely different than cleaning with a foam or cream cleanser. You can feel it's pure luxury you got on your skin.




PRO
+ Removes all of your makeup. No really. ALL of it.
+ Luxurious product that feels almost spa-like.
+ It brightens my skin (I don't feel like it would do any miracles though).

CON
- Price: errr... it's expensive. I purchased it at Spacenk.com for 36 pounds or 46 euros.
- Packaging: this product is said to break easily. But I guess you just don't break it, then?


Conclusion: 
Is the Emma Hardie cleansing balm worth it? It definitely is a very nice product and I don't regret buying it, but I won't be repurchasing. I was practically scared to use it because of the price point. Though every time I use it, my skin feels great, it just didn't make a big enough difference in my skin care routine to spend that kind of cash once again. Sorry, Emma Hardie.

Have you ever tried any cleansing balms? Do you have any recommendations?  

xX Anine

No comments:

Post a Comment