Pagina's

Thursday 2 May 2013

WISHLIST: What if I would do a beauty swap?

My Youtube addiction often makes me want stuff I really don't need. Lipsticks, foundations, hair products, ... Every month I freak out about a different product. This month it were the Maybelline Colorsensational Vivid Lipsticks. The one problem: The new Maybelline lipsticks aren't available in Belgium (and probably never will be) and except for eBay, there's no way to order them online and get them shipped to my home.

I wanted to beg my sister-in-law to buy it for me while she was in Chicago. But since I kinda already gave her an entire list of stuff she could bring me "if she wanted to", I didn't feel it was a decent thing to do if I asked her to go out again and buy me more stuff. (She bought me 3 items I've wanted for SO LONG so THANK YOU Iris!)

I wandered around hundreds of beauty webshops, but the ones that carried Maybelline didn't ship to Belgium. I became more and more desperate. Then all of a sudden, I thought to myself: "Why don't I have a friend that lives in the US who can do a beauty swap with me?" and I started imagining this List of Perfection in my head of beauty items that I would want to get from the US or UK, especially the ones that aren't available in Belgium.

I wanted to share this list, just because I think a lot of people from smaller countries will absolutely agree with me: All make-up brands and lines should be available everywhere! Sit back, relax and enjoy this heavenly view of my must-have US and UK products that I can't get in Belgium!

UNITED STATES

Wet n Wild Mega Last Matte lip color in 965 Cherry Picking






Youtuber and blogger FleurdeForce wore this lipstick shade in her New York City vlog and it looked stunning on her. Since she kind of has the same skin and hair color as me, I thought it might suit me too. I can get Wet n Wild through European webshops, but never these lipsticks. Wet n Wild would probably be thé brand I'd stock up on if I'd go to the US.


Maybelline 24h color tattoo in Inked In Pink

This cream eyeshadow has become wildly popular in the online beauty world. It's very hard for me to get my hands on it, and with shipping costs, it's about four times the price... I'm still deciding if it's worth it.


Bath & Body Works candles



There's nothing quite like the Bath & Body Works candles. Everybody acts like these candles came falling down from heaven and even though I have never ever been able to smell one, I somehow got convinced that I NEED these candles.


UNITED KINGDOM

You would think that I would've picked everything up that I wanted during my six-month stay in Southampton, England a few months ago, but sadly you couldn't be more wrong. I loved the wide array of make-up brands and boy, do I miss it! But I've somehow always failed to find or pick up most of the UK beauty must-haves.

Sleek Face Contour kit

I searched dozens of Superdrugs, but sadly, it was never in stock... *cry*

Barry M

How. Could I've been. So stupid. Not to pick up any Barry M nail polishes?! Wait, I actually bought one and I love it to death. But instead of realizing that I had to stock up, I stocked up on Essie polishes. Essie is available in Belgium since a few months, so it would've been a lot smarter to pick up the Barry M's instead.

These are the first products that come to mind. There's probably a lot more... Do you have products you desperately want but aren't available in your country?

xoxo
Anine

No comments:

Post a Comment