Pagina's

Friday 16 August 2013

REVIEW: Bourjois Shine edition lipstick

Bourjois has come out with the Shine Edition lipsticks for some time now. They come in 8 colors and I was able to try out 4 of them! 


The four colors I tried out were '20 1, 2, 3 soleil', '21 Rouge making of', '22 Famous fuchsia' and '27 Oh my doll'. 




From left to right: Oh my doll, 1, 2, 3 soleil, Famous fuchsia and Rouge making of.

From left to right: Oh my doll, 1, 2, 3 soleil, Famous fuchsia and Rouge making of.

As you can tell, the lipsticks leave a very shiny, glossy finish but are extremely pigmented. I love how you can create an effortless colored lip without it looking like you're wearing a lot of makeup. These lipsticks are perfect for that!

Quality:
They feel very soft, buttery and not sticky at all. They also stay on for a pretty long time. The Shine Edition lipsticks usually last up to three hours, naturally if you don't eat or drink anything.

You do need to make sure your lips aren't chapped or dry, since the color of these lipsticks does tend to settle into the lines of your lips when your lips are very dry. To keep the lipsticks looking nice, you do have to reapply. 

Packaging: 
I do very much like the packaging of these. It is even possible to use the shiny tubes as a mirror if you're on the go. The only thing I kind of dislike (but this is just a minor teeny tiny OCD issue of mine) is that not all of the tubes have the color of the lipsticks on them. 

'1, 2, 3 soleil' and 'Rouge making of' do have the right lipstick colors on the packaging, but the other two colors have green and yellow color details, which I find a bit annoying if you want to store these lipsticks. Of course, that doesn't take away from the quality of these products.   


21 Rouge making of: perfect for a red shiny, effortless looking lip in summertime! LOVE!



22 Famous fuchsia: As the name clearly reveals: this is a shiny bright pink/fuchsia color. It is a bit too purple for my liking, but still is a very nice color.



20 1, 2, 3 soleil: My favorite color out of the bunch. Perfect for a light orange daily look with a pop of color on the lips. Couldn't live without this one anymore!



27 Oh my doll: I like this color the least, just because the pink is a bit too pale for me. However, I gave it to my mother and she loves it as a daily lipstick for a subtle pink lip!

Conclusion: 
- a nice color range
- a nice shiny, non-sticky consistency
- perfect for throwing into your purse
- pigmented


Have you tried any of the Bourjois Shine edition lipsticks? What was your favorite lip color this summer?

Xoxo,
Anine

1 comment:

  1. Great review, thanks! All these shades look lovely.

    ReplyDelete