Pagina's

Monday 26 August 2013

PERFUME REVIEW: Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger

Every beauty obsessed creature on our planet has probably already heard of Jo Malone. The UK based fragrance company has taken over with its delicate scents, luxury feel and gorgeous packaging. I've wanted to try one of these scents for such a long time, but never had. Luckily, that changed! Thanks to Mr. Boyfriend, I am able to tell you more about a scent today.


As mentioned before, Jo Malone is famous for its beautiful packaging. The cream colored box, the black details such as the bow, and the beautiful glass bottle and classy label make this perfume bottle the eyecatcher of your dressing table, beauty stand or nightstand.



Now, time for a perfume lesson. What is the difference between a cologne, an eau de toilette and an eau de parfum? A cologne fragrance doesn't stay scented on your skin for very long, lasting up to 2 hours. Eau de toilette lasts between 2 to 4 hours and eau de parfum lasts up to 6 hours. 

The Jo Malone perfumes are colognes, but I feel like they do last a long time, for a cologne! 




I opted for the scent Nutmeg & Ginger. This spicy scent is like nothing I have in my perfume stash. That is also the reason why I chose Nutmeg & Ginger and not Orange Blossom, which was another scent I really loved. Nutmeg & Ginger was that perfect fall/autumn scent I never had. It was the start of a love affair.

I told myself I had to use up my summer scents first and had to wait until it would be fall/autumn before I was allowed to use Nutmeg & Ginger. But I just can't, I even secretly sniff the perfume bottle daily like a drug addict.




Because I'm not very good at describing scents, I will describe what jomalone.com says Nutmeg & Ginger smells like.

"Our first fragrance. Sandalwood and cedarwood seasoned with nutmeg and vibrant ginger. Unexpected and addictive."

Well, what better way to start trying out a new perfume brand than by purchasing their first fragrance. Totally meant to be. 


The scent is definitely very spicy, but not heavy at all. I used to think that spicy scents were always pretty heavy or just way too spicy. But this one is perfect. I'm starting to think spicy scents are the way to go for me, thanks to Nutmeg & Ginger.

This 30ml bottle costs £39/€44, which I think might sound more expensive than usual perfumes, but I do feel like these ones are so much more wearable, more unique and more scent-adapting to your skin.

I am still in the market for a second Jo Malone perfume to combine with Nutmeg & Ginger, since that is what Jo Malone is known for: combinable perfumes. Any recommendations?


I also would love to try out their bath oils and especially their candles! Have you tried any Jo Malone products? What did you think of them?

Xoxo,
Anine

2 comments:

  1. The candles are sooooo good, although I like the Diptyques ones even more. Such a shame they are both so expensive :'( Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waw really? I have never tried anything but cheap and Yankee candles but now you got me dangerously exited! ;) maybe I should pick me up some candles... Thanks! :) x

      Delete